June 3rd, 2010
“See it. Feel it. Believe it.” is the perfect slogan for this year’s Baltimore Pride.
In 1975, Baltimore had it first gay pride festival, and today, 35 years later, Baltimore Pride continues to celebrate the diversity in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Steeped rich with history throughout Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region, the event brings visibility to our colorful society, and recognizes important contributions made by all individuals in our community.
Taking place over two days in mid-June, here are the event happenings:
Saturday, June 19, 2010:
- Baltimore Gay Pride Parade
- What: A variety of floats, marching units, and plenty of spectacle.
- When: 4 pm to 5:30 pm
- Where: All Along Charles Street in the Mount Vernon Neighborhood
- Baltimore Gay Pride Block Party
- What: More than 75 vendors line the Mount Vernon streets, selling everything from t-shirts to glittering jewelry and fabulous food.
- When: 6 pm to 10 pm
- Where: Charles & Eager Streets
Sunday, June 20, 2010:
This year, The Fitzgerald is a proud sponsor of Baltimore Pride as it hits its 35th year of celebrating diversity in the LGBT community. We know that strength of diversity in society is what makes a community accepting of all. So, don’t miss Baltimore Pride’s Parade and Block Party on June 19th, it’s Festival on June 20th, or any of the other Pride events. We’ll be there showing our colors, will you?
For more information about Baltimore Pride, click here.